September 7, 2015

Jonsbo U3 - Best PC Case For Multimedia Player

I have a 6+ years old PC. It is a dual core Intel spec in the ugly case (not pictured). The initial purpose I bought this PC long time ago is only for my office job. Later on, I got a new laptop then this PC is rarely use ever since. I don't want to waste any resources, I plan to put this PC in my living room, upgrade the VGA card that support HDMI output, then this PC will become a multi media PC.

When put this PC in the living room, it should looks good. That is why I will need a proper PC case. After some time searching, I choose this Jonsbo U3 PC case. This is a full aluminum case with very minimalist design to suit most of any living room.


There are many video review about this case and no need for me to add more. But in this post, I will modify this PC case from tower to horizontal layout.


The size of this Jonsbo U3 is small enough because only support at least micro-ATX motherboard. This case still using full ATX power supply and large VGA card can be also install here.


With this tower design PC case, you will find it is hardly matching with the living room. That is why I need to make a few change. The first step is unscrew all the plastic feet, then put the double side tape on it. I am using 3M VHB double tape.



The next step is attach the feet on the side panel of this tower case. This side panel will become the bottom side of the case.


Tadaaa...! A new looking PC case that look like a hi-end amplifier case.


The next step is I remove all the components on the previous ATX case, then install them on this new Jonsbo U3. It is a simple step and fun to do. See how much empty room wasted inside this gaming PC.



Little side story whan I purchased this new case, I also have bought several new parts. It is the quiet CPU cooling system from Cooler Master. Because I want the PC running as quiet as possible. Then I also bought an upgraded CPU, the Core2 Duo processor E8400.


This processor cooler is a low end product from the Cooler Master. Consider the size, I believe this heat sink will perform better cooling compares with the stock OEM Intel heat sink.


It is only took an hour to install them all. The case is still have room for access any hardware inside. The cable is not tidy, I need another time to sleeve them up.



It is now done. This new case is very beautiful and elegant. I am sure it will attract every eye beholders in my living room.


Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

1 comment:

  1. Sharkoon TG5 ATX Case in UAE, Green Fans ATX Case in UAE, ATX Case in UAE
    https://gccgamers.com/sharkoon-atx-case.html
    Sharkoon TG5 Case in UAE, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery GCC Gamers Moneyback Guarantee.
    1632198851685-7

    ReplyDelete