August 18, 2016

Lower Distortion With Vifa TC9-FD-18-08

It is been a long time I using Vifa TG9 here on my living room. I personally like the character of this driver playing simple music. The TG9 is a bamboo cone with 4 ohm impedance, while this TC9 is a paper cone with 8 ohm impedance.


I order them online and has been arrived around few weeks ago. I also purchased with several items for my next audio project. Spotted the 3 inch sub-woofer from Tangband:)

The package are so simple, only a cardboard and plastic cover on every driver I purchased.

The reason I highlight this TC9 is because it have the same spec with TG9. They are same dimension, same plastic basket, and same construction. The impedance is only make them difference.

For my F5 amplifier, running on class A, the distortion on 4 ohm are greater. Thus, the power output are smaller on 4 ohm. Speaking about efficiency, 4 ohm drain more power than 8 ohm and will generate more heat. So much waste on 4 ohm and this TC9 is the answer for all of the reason.

I will install them as soon as possible, but not right now. I am still evaluate several upgraded components. By changing the driver would be more difficult for me to evaluate the beneficial changing on my current upgraded project.

Disclaimer: Any statement and photos in this article are not allowed to copy or publish without written permission from the writer. Any injury or loss from following tips in this article is not under writer responsibility.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Great review.

    BTW, how are these TG9/TC9 Vifas compared to local Indonesian car audio brand "Cello" (same code/type)? And if i may know, are yours are still danish made vifas?

    TIA & Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TIA, as far as I know when using cello product is actually a rebranding from many product. One of them is from Vifa. But that long time ago. Right now they put many Chinese product to their product line up.

      Danish made Vifa for TG9 is having the big magnet with stell cover on it. Please find my post about TG9 Vs. SB65 installed on Honda Jazz. The Danish TG9 somehow more relaxed sounding, more mellow in vocal but still maintain good high frequency compares to Chinese TG9. Those difference is slightly noticable, not huge.

      Delete